Simulation of Comminution and Classification Circuits – integrating all tasks within one package.
JKSimMet is an award-winning, general-purpose computer software package for the analysis and simulation of comminution and classification circuits in mineral processing operations, developed from decades of research out of the renowned Julius Kruttschnitt Mineral Research Centre (JKMRC).
The package is designed for plant and development metallurgists who wish to apply process analysis techniques to characterise plant behaviour, and design engineers who require process simulation models to assess design alternatives.
JKSimMet integrates all tasks associated with data analysis, optimisation, design and simulation, including the storage and manipulation of models, data and results, within one package. Mass balancing and model fitting of complete circuits are standard features. It is fully interactive and operates with high-resolution colour graphics. These graphics facilitate the display of detailed plant flowsheets and accompanying information.
JKSimMet Allows the User to:
- Build a graphic-based flowsheet of the processing plant
- Assign machine criteria and model parameters to each plant case study
- Simulate the effect of changes in operating conditions to predict product flows and size distributions
- Determine optimum conditions, including plant throughput
- Graphical user interface
- Flowsheet specified interactively on the graphics screen
- Models selected from a built-in library
- Model parameters can be specified by the user
- Range of data output displays and printed reports
- Simple data import and export
- Rod mill and ball mill
- Autogenous and semi-autogenous mill
- Simple degradation
- Vibrating screen – single and double deck
- DSM screen
- Efficiency curve
- Increased mill throughputs
- Improved circuit designs
- More informed and reliable mill sizing
- Reduce operating and capital expenditures